Search This Blog

Monday, March 30, 2009

OHS and Tire Jumps 3-30-09

OHS

45 x 5
65 x 5
95 x 5
115 x 5
125 x 5 (PR)

Then did 100 35" Tire Jumps

7:02

I found it interesting that this is right about my mile time.  

This is the first time I've put any weight over my head in 2 months!  Holy Lack Of Upper Body Strength Batman!  After the second rep with 115, I literally looked up at each bumper plate to ensure that they were 35's and not 45's.  I couldn't believe how heavy it felt and how close I came to quitting after those first two reps.  Thankfully the set with 125 felt much better.  Must have been partially my mindset.  Then I realized that this is actually a PR.  I've done 135 for 4 and dropped it on the way up of the 5th rep.  So this is more a PR because I skipped from 115 to 135 before, not because I wasn't previously strong enough to do it.  I stopped there because I didn't want to push it too much.  My left wrist was feeling it.  I was really hoping with this much time off that it would be good to go but I jacked it a little during Redman while punching those recruits because like a schmuck I forgot to tape it before the fight.  I had ignored it until today, hoping it wouldn't effect me in the weight room.  Back on the wonderful road of putting heavy things overhead.  On an up note my shoulder felt semi ok.

I weighed 175 with shoes and clothes on and with a little bit of food in my belly.  Wow.  That means I'm really at about 173 or so.  I've lost 7 or 8 pounds in the last 2 months.  

*****Disclamer:  I never have been able to lift heavy things overhead, but I used to try a lot more and be a little less under strong******

No comments: