Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Jerk, 'Strongman' fun 6-7-10

First time using my new custom Jerk Blocks. Very beefcakes indeed. I'm quite pleased I can finally do Jerks for reps. A paint job and a mat on top to polish them off and these puppies will be nails!

Jerk - 175x3, 195x3, 205x3, 225x3 (PR)

Dan talked me into more 'Strongman' fun tonight



AMRAP 2:00 min at each station. 1 min rest between stations ...

185lb Clean w/ fat bar - 11

95lb Dumbell Overhead - 11

400lb Deadlift - 6

90lb Sandbag Ground to 5' shelf - 13

2 95lb Dumbells 12" box step ups - 19

Total - 60

Boy that was rough on the low back. Dan got 67, Matt got 53

Cash out - Max 45lb iron plate hold (1 in each hand): 1:18

2 comments:

TexasPatrick said...

Cool boxes, how did you build them?

JAK said...

Stay tuned for a detailed write up. Simply put it is 4' long, and 2' wide. There is one sheet of plywood at the base, 8 4x4's as posts, and 3 layers of 2x12's as the platform and an 8" plywood skirt around the bottom. All screwed together. I want to test for a little while before the write up so I can stand behind claims like how beefy it is. It seems super solid but I want it to stand the test of time a little bit first. There are some cracks that developed after the first use. Maybe no big deal, but I want to make sure they aren't going to end up being a problem long term.