Search This Blog

Monday, November 24, 2008

Back Squat and Thrusters/Burpees 11-23-08

Back Squat

3 x 5 - 230 (PR.  PR for 1 x 5  also)

Definitely felt heavy but bar speed was slightly faster then two weeks ago when I did 225 3 x 5 (my final SS workout).  Bar looked good with the colored bumpers on it.  I need to get some photos of those puppies on here.  Then did:

5 rounds for time of:

7 Thrusters 115 lbs
7 Burpees

11:22

Those Thrusters sure felt heavy compared to the usual 95 lbers.  Figure this will help my Fran time and any time you do thrusters is a good thing.  I'm going to mix Thrusters in at least once a week in my WODs.  Plan on doing more workouts similar to Fran to keep working on it.  I WILL have a sub 5:00 Fran eventually!  My goal is to hit sub 5 by my one year CrossFit anniversary at the end of Jan.  Gotta shave off 2:34. Doable.  Very doable.

I just realized that I had planned to do ascending sets of 3 x 5 on the squat instead of the same weight straight across for all 3 sets.  I will use ascending sets from now on.  It is much easier on recoverability.   

No comments: