Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Mass Gain Day 1


value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TfaUi2q5dd8&hl=en&fs=1&">

I'm on to a new program. Greg Everett's Mass Gain program from the Mass (a)gain article found in Performance Menu.

Mass Gain Week 1, Day 1

Back Squat – 75% x 3 x 10 - 172.5lbs

Jerk – heavy single - 135, 155, 175, 185, 195, 205, 215 f

Push Press – 75% x 5 x 5 - 130lbs


Squats felt pretty good.  Except my left hamstring got super tight.  I was supposed to do a heavy single for clean and jerk but decided to drop the cleans out because of my hamstring.  No sense injuring myself.  Push Press were tough.  Going to have to progress in real small increments on them.  Normal progression in this program is 2-3% per week.  At the end of the 9 week program that means if linear progression is successful, I'll be real close if not at my current one rep max on back squats for 10 sets of 3.  Not bad.  

 




No comments: