Search This Blog

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Sn, FS, FP, Dead 8-28-10

Snatch - worked up to 135lb 2 x5
Front Squat - 135x3, 185x2, 205x1, 220 3 x 3
Floor Press - 155x3, 175x3, 195x3, 205x1,m
Deadlift off 3" blocks - 225x3, 275x3, 330lb 3 x 3



The usual pain in my right anterior deltoid flared up so went with Floor Press instead of bench. The background on this: I dislocated my shoulder and tore my labarum in a mountain biking fall in July of 2005. Had surgery with 3 pins put in. Sometimes this rears its head when I do a lot of overhead and/or bench work.

Snatch felt light. However I still wasn't receiving it as deep as I should. I can't put my finger on it, but I think I struggle when I get my hips through well, I don't drop under the bar well and receive it as low as I should. I'm trying to work on this. Any thoughts on this would be great.

Front Squats felt good and not too heavy. Definitely have more in the tank there. I noticed while warming up with a wider stance that I wasn't getting good depth nor a bounce out of the hole, both of which was confirmed by my workout partner. So I switched to a narrower stance which is my usual Front Squat stance and was able to get my depth along with a good bounce out of the bottom. Felt much stronger like that. Do you see any issues with my Front Squat that I need to work on? The one thing I think could be improved is to work on keeping my chest/elbows up and not let them drift forward/down. Do you agree?

No comments: