Search This Blog

Friday, June 13, 2008

Power Clean and Jerk 6-13-08

3 attempts at a muscleup, got it on the 3rd try.

Power Clean and Jerk

95#, 115#, 135#, 155#, 165#, 170# (failed), 170# - NEW PR!  YAHOO!

A buddy Dan from work, came over and I showed him my garage.  He was impressed with my setup and we started to fool around.  It quickly turned into a competition to see who could Power Clean and Jerk more.  As it turned out he failed on 185# and was able to do 170#, so his PR is either 175# or 180#, but he had to leave before we could find out.  I was pleased to get my first PR on the Power Clean and Jerk.  The most I've ever tried before was 65# while working on form, when learning the lift.  So this was the first time I ever tried any real weight.  I was very happy to be able to do my bodyweight as my first PR.  It wasn't pretty, but it happened.  Now I need to actually get some strength and better form and start driving up the weight.

I think I might workout again tonight.

No comments: