Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Hand Stand Pushups/Rest Day 6-24-08

It was a rest day for me today, but my buddy Dan from work came over to workout.  He practiced his first ever Overhead Squats and worked up to 80lbs for 5 reps.  He then did 50 Boagrius Burpees for time in 15:13.  It was actually also the first time he had ever done any type of burpee, so I figured why not give him a proper indoctrination into Burpees and have him do Boagrius Burpees.  He loved the workout and said he sweated more during that workout then he has in a long, long time.  I immensely enjoyed seeing his CrossFit sweat angel on my horse mat.  

After his workout we practiced hand stands.  Boy do I need to work on them as my best tonight was probably 3, maybe 4 seconds.  However, I did my first hand stand pushup...5 of them actually...with Dan assisting my balance by holding my legs.  Cool gymnastic benchmark reached.  I've only tried them a couple times, but never with a spotter to help.  Dan explained I had probably been to far away from the wall when I tried them by myself in the past.  I tried my best to do a non assisted headstand into a handstand pushup but wasn't strong enough to push myself up...looks like I've gotta do a lot of assisted handstand pushups before thats going to happen.  

2 comments:

Dan said...

http://thirtyninefiftyone.blogspot.com/

I knew it was something simple that I just couldn't remember...

My shoulders are starting to get stiff from those Bogarius burpies... that's a good one my friend.

Dan said...

Hey Joe, I was just doing some blog-surfing, and found that this chick had a link to your blog!

I didn't know if you knew her or not...

http://laurarcrossfit.blogspot.com/