Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Bozman teaches Deadlift & Snatch then Tabata Shuttle Run/Pushups, Bench Press, KB Snatches

Forgot to mention that I went Snowboarding for two days over the weekend at Bear Valley in the Sierras.  Not too shabby of a view:

Treated myself today with some personal coaching.  My cousin and I drove over to San Francisco Crossfit and got an hour and a half of coaching from Adrian Bozman.  He's super sharp and an excellent coach, not to mention a firebreathing crossfitter himself.  Worked on deadlifts and snatches.  Learned a few good cues for each lift that I'll start integrating.  Then he ran us through a short metcon of 8 rounds each of tabata (20 sec work, 10 sec rest = 1 round) 5 yard shuttle runs and pushups.   It was as usual much more brutal then it sounds.  Thankfully I didn't keep track because those pushups got pretty pathetic.  Jerrod and I had a great time at SFXfit, and I highly recommend seeking out a good coach to help you work through new lifts/weaknesses that you might have.  Amazing how fast it accelerates the learning curve.  No replacement for good coaching!  Thanks Boz!!

Then came home, had dinner and on a whim joined Josh and Alex in a search for a new 1 rep max...

Bench Press 

120 x 5
135 x 3
155 x 1
175 x 1 (PR + 10lbs)
185 x 1 (PR +20lbs)

Then

Max 53lb Kettlebell Snatchs in 5:00 min:  85

Boy was that a suckfest.  Probably did too much volume today, but oh well it was fun.

No comments: