Search This Blog

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Power Snatch 1-1-09

Power Snatch 

65 x 5
95 x 3
105 x 2
115 x 2
125 x 1
135 x 1 
140 x 1 (PR)

Didn't have much time at all today.  Planned on doing a metcon, but didn't have enough time.  The program called for front squats, but yesterday did those heavy squat cleans and 190 was a 15lb front squat PR as part of the squat clean.  Didn't think I should try front squats after that.  Attempted shoulder presses but at my first work set of 95 x 5, felt weak and decided to just snatch instead.  At least I got some work in today.  The last snatch was the ugliest thing you ever did see as I caught the bar with arms totally bent over my head and just then muscled it up from there.  Wow was it pathetic.  Really need to keep on working on these and develop the ability to commit to getting under the bar into a good OHS when it is heavy.  That is just not clicking yet.

No comments: