Search This Blog

Friday, July 3, 2009

Box Jump/Sprawl/Heavy Bag 7-3-09

3 Rounds

15 Box Jump 33"
15 Sprawl
100 Punches on Heavy Bag

9:31

A little different workout today.  I should probably work in more wod's like this.  The only part I don't like is the punches are a bit subjective.  Awful easy to not give it 100% effort for every single punch.  I did a combo of:  1-2-3 straight, hook, 1-2 straight, hook  I also found it is hard to count 100 punches when you are gassed.  Forgot to mention that on Tuesday my left elbow flared up with what I believe to be tendonitis aka tennis elbow.  I believe its from doing pullups.  It hurt to pick up my glass of water on tuesday and take a drink after the workout.  So I've laid off pullups for a couple days.  It is feeling better.  Hopefully its not a reoccurring thing.  

Had a monumentous day today in the gym.  It was my wife's first ever crossfit workout.  Taught her how to squat.  Then she did:

3 Rounds

7 Squat
400m Walk Blitz the German Shepherd 

Not for time.  I sneakily timed it anyways and didn't tell her.  19:26 

Afterwards I asked her what she thought.  Her feedback was that it was better then her workouts at 'Ladies of America' a few years back.  She enjoyed the one on one personal training.  She thought the squats were similar to learning a new dance step progression or doing gymnastics as a kid due to the body control and awareness it took.  She liked that we didn't use any machines like they do at 'Ladies of America' and liked getting outside.  I think we'll stick with mostly gymnastics for a while and hold off on weight lifting other then drills with PVC.  Success!  Very cool. 

3 comments:

JTM said...

That one sounds like a fun wod. I think LauraR used to post what they did in the CrossPit class and it always sounded like fun.

My wife really wants a heavy bag. I guess they had one in their garage while she was in college and she loved it.

JTM said...

OH YEAH,
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY.

JAK said...

Thats awesome that your wife likes to work a heavy bag. Keep your eye open on craigslist.

Happy 4th to you too. Hope you get some time to relax and celebrate our independence and freedoms.