Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

CA WOD #2 7-21-09

Week 1, Day 2

  • Snatch - 70% x 2 x 3 - 105lbs
  • Clean & jerk - 70% x 2 x 3 - 140lbs
  • Clean pull - 90% (of clean) x 3 x 3 - 180lbs
  • Clean deadlift - 100% (of clean) x 3 x 3 - 198.5lbs
  • Back squat - 75% x 3 x 5 - 175lbs
  • Weighted GHD Situps - 3 x 8 - 45lbs

  • Still combining a couple days into one because I missed the first day.  Added in Snatching and changed the ab work to use my GHD. Nothing terribly difficult today.  Did the first set of Clean pulls with 100% of clean by mistake.  Felt good.  

    Got my GHD today!  Its a Yukon GHD and the best deal on the market.  IE: CHEAPEST!  After using it the very first set, I can tell you I do not like the seat pad.  It is very soft and gets pushed out of shape under my weight, getting disformed.  It slowly moves back into shape after I get off.  Weak sauce.  The other reason that it is plainly cheaper then it's competitors is the lack of adjustability and not quite as beef cakes as others that I've used.  But at $250 (and free shipping) compared to about $500 at the next cheapest (not including shipping), its hard to complain too loudly.  I may have to get a different material for the seat pad and put it in there.  Then I'll have my very own custom upholstered GHD.  We'll see.

    I'm excited to hear that Joel (see my blog list on the right) will be joining my cousin and me in this Catalyst Athletics cycle.  

    No comments: