Search This Blog

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Day 1 - 2009 Crossfit Games 7-10-09

Not too terribly much to report.  Unfortunately I was only able to stay for 3 hours in the morning because of work last night and tonight.  But what I did see, I liked.  Who wouldn’t enjoy such a gathering of so many fit people descending on one location.  This has got to be one of the most impressive gathering of athletes ever assembled. 

Job very well done with all the changes at the Ranch.  The arena has a very cool feel to it.  Bleachers, check.  Jumbo tron, check.  Large paved area for all kinds of insidious crossfit fun, big check.

Spent most of the time watching my favorite wod, of the day: OHS/Pullup.  Have to give a thumbs up to the quality of the judging.  From what I saw, the bad reps were getting called.  Nice work judges! 

Strolled through the sponsor booths and drooled over equipment that I’d like to have. 

Really, REALLY looking forward to tomorrow!  I’m expecting there to be considerably more more spectators and a truck load of the stellar performances.

No comments: