Search This Blog

Monday, July 14, 2008

Bear Complex 7-13-08


Bear Complex WOD or "The Bear"

5 Rounds, 7 Reps per round 

Each rep consists of the sequenc of:

Power Clean
Front Squat
Push Press
Back Squat
Push Press = 1 Rep

Round 1 - 95lbs
Round 2 - 105lbs
Round 3 - 115lbs

Watch this    VIDEO   for further instruction on this workout.

Unfortunately I ran out of time and was only able to complete 3 out of the 5 rounds.  My brother and a buddy who graduates in two weeks from Oakland PD's Academy came over to workout.  I went last and ran out of time before I had to get ready for work.  

This WOD is a lot tougher then it looks.  You aren't supposed to rest the weight on the ground at all during a round.  Rest as needed in between rounds.  This means your grip really gets taxed and it really tires you out in general.  I had planned on working up to 135lbs by the 5th Round, but that wouldn't have been doable, I would have stuck with 115lbs and it would have really kicked my but.  I was working pretty hard on round 3 with 115lbs.  Had to split jerk the weight instead of push press.  Silly me...I should have known that a CrossFit WOD with a name like "Bear" would be brute of a workout.  

No comments: