Search This Blog

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Crossfit Total 7-10-08

My buddy Dan before the workout:


Dan eyeballing 400lbs
 

Dan Deadlifting 400lbs!  Now thats a big load.  4 bills!  Strong work buddy!  You are a monster.

Dan attempting 265.  He didn't quiet get it because he had just tried and failed 275 twice.  He got a little too hungry.  So his current PR is 255 which is conservative.  He'll destroy it next time he squats for a single rep max.



Crossfit Total

Deadlift: 255 x 2, 285 x 1, 305 x 1, 325 x 1, 345 x 1, 365 x 1 --->  New PR!

Press:  110 x 1, 115 x 1, 120 (failed)

Squat:  205 x 1, 225 x 1, 240 x 1 --->  New PR!

Total of 720


Me Deadlifting 365.  PR!

Me squatting 240.  PR!



I didn't follow the rules when deadlifting.  I just went for my max for each lift and didn't restrict myself to only three attempts.  Oh well.
Compare to 4-11-08  with a total of 620.  Thats an increase by 100 since last time!  I'm stoked with my improvement overall.  Especially in the deadlift as I've increased 60lbs since my last PR which was 2 months ago.  I need to be careful when maxing out on deadlift because on 365 I had real bad form and rounded my back.  I gutted it out and pulled the weight, but elected to not go any higher cause my form got scary bad on that last rep.

Most importantly I've reached one of my biggest goals A LOT earlier then I thought I would.  My goal was to hit 350 on the deadlift by February which will mark my one year of doing crossfit.  I got it in half that time!  I couldn't be happier!  Now comes the hunt for 400lbs which seems very doable.  I'm wondering if 450 by February will be realistic.  We shall have to see...  

Now my squat and especially my press numbers are a completely different story.  My press numbers need some serious work.  I don't know what gives.  I've only improved 5lbs in the last three months (on my first CFT).  I think part of the problem is I almost always do a push press or a jerk when pressing weight over my head.  This doesn't help develop the strength as well where its really needed...down at the bottom of the lift from the start point to the top of your head.  I really need to work them into my programming more.  Hopefully the Crossfit mainsite WOD programming agrees with that and I see more of them in the near future.  

But overall I'm quite pleased.  Solid improvement on the big lifts and my metcon and work capacity continues to get better too.  Thanks CrossFit!

1 comment:

Jake said...

Nice progress dude!