Search This Blog

Monday, July 7, 2008

Snatch 7-7-08

Snatch 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1  with 95lbs

I'm no good at snatching.  I only was able to make 3 reps with 95lbs.  On the 4rth rep I pulled the weight too far back behind my head and started to loose my balance, falling backwards on the way down towards the bottom of the squat.  In an attempt to recover and pull the weight back forwards over my head I tweaked my left shoulder at the anterior deltoid.  I should have let the bar go and let it fall behind me.  Instead I pulled it forward and jumped backwards out of the way so the bar dropped in front of me.  It doesnt hurt too bad but I decided I should stop and not stress it anymore.  I had almost run out of time to workout so real quick I did 3 sets of 5 reps of 150lb front squat. 

On a good note my brother Jake did his first ever full squat clean and jerks today in the 30 clean and jerks for time workout.  He used 65lbs and finished in 13:29.  Good job bro!!

No comments: