Search This Blog

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Nor Cal Workout #2 5-3-09

Nor Cal Games Qualifier Workout # 2

Max reps in 10 minutes of:
Muscle-Up
Ground-to-Shoulder (Male: 185#, Female: 105#)

40

14 Muscleups and 26 Cleans (all power cleans)

Cashout: 3 sets of 5 bridged to feet HSPU

I kept the standards strict and all muscleups were started with arms straight and wrist turned out at the bottom.  I began with 3 muscleups and then did roughly 4 cleans and 2 (the last couple were singles) muscleups for the majority of the time.  I lost my grip two or three times on muscleups and failed once at the top of the kip/bottom of the dip.  I did not fail on any cleans though I came extremely close.  I'm very pleased with my time and quite surprised too.  My goal was to hit 30 and thought I may end up in the mid 20's.  I was also a little concerned I wouldn't be able to hit 10 reps on one of the exercises.  I was pleasantly proved wrong.  I really tried to bring the  intensity to the workout and had the roaring of the crowd from yesterday in my mind.  It definitely helped.  Though its obvious, the mental aspect of the game is so important to help push yourself further and harder.  The importance of mental toughness can't be understated.  I gotta get me more!

No comments: