Search This Blog

Friday, May 9, 2008

800m Run, 4 Rounds 5-9-08

4 rounds for time:

800 Meter Run

Rest as much needed in between rounds.

3:10
3:19
3:32
3:28

I rested about 7-9 minutes in between rounds.  Probably too much rest, but man did I feel like I needed it.  This was the first run workout I've done in the past two years.  The last time was in the Police Academy where I was running a lot.  A year and 4 months ago, I dislocated and fractured my ankle in a nasty dirtbike crash....apparently falling off a 50 foot cliff is a bad thing.  So the good news was my ankle felt pretty good today.  Measured out 800m with my GPS at a local park. Half of it was a slight incline and half was a slight downhill.  I think running on the grass at the park, rather then running around my neighborhood on the sidewalk was a good idea for my ankle.  Now I remember why running has never been my favorite.  I don't know why, it just hurts.  I'd rather row hard then run hard.  Am I the only one?   

No comments: