Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Overhead Squat 5-14-08

Overhead Squat

Instead of doing the Crossfit mainpage WOD of 7 sets of 3 reps Overhead Squats (OHS), I decided to try and figure out what my max was.  My brother, cousin and I are going to have a contest to see who can Overhead Squat their bodyweight first.  We are going to have some kind of a prize for the winner and some type of dunce cap prize for the loser.  Still figuring out the details of the contest.  

Warmup row 5 minutes

OHS:

45# x 5

65# x 5

85# x 3

95# x 2

105# x 1

115# x 1

125# x 1

135# failed on first attempt to even get the weight over my head...just wasn't concentrating enough and didn't get under the bar and lock out my arms.

135# failed on the second attempt at the bottom of the squat

135# x 1 (New PR!)  I was able to grind it out...I didn't even try 140#, because that was tough! 

I am now 37lbs away from my medium term goal of OHS'ing my bodyweight!  My longterm goal is to OHS my bodyweight 15 times.  

Compare to 4-25-08

No comments: