Search This Blog

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Pushups 5-1-08

First time working out since I tweaked my back when I got a new PR of 230 in the squat workout on 4-26-08.  I only missed 3 days of not working out, but it seemed like such a long time!  It was driving me absolutely nuts.  

My back isn't quite 100%, so I decided to do something that didn't stress it.  I did Pushups:

60, 50, 40, 30, 20, 10 

6 minutes of rest in between sets on all but the last where it was 30 seconds.  

Felt great to finally do some type of workout, even though it wasn't exactly a Crossfit mainsite WOD, just something to get me going again.  Hopefully my hands will heal up soon and my back will be ready to lift heavy again.  I do have a feeling though that its going to be a reoccurring problem that I'll have to keep an eye on and do my best to deal with when it pops up.  To quote the guru of the Crossfit iron game:

"Accumulating injuries are the price we pay for the thrill of not having sat around on our asses."  ~ Mark Rippetoe

How very true.  Just got to keep those nagging injuries to a dull roar.

No comments: