Search This Blog

Friday, August 29, 2008

Fran 8-29-08

Did Fran (modified)

21 - 15 - 9

Thrusters 75lbs
Pullups

4:38

I wanted to do Fran with a weight that would give me a 'good' Fran time of between 3 - 5 minutes. Probably should have done this one a bit faster. I was getting out of rhythm on my pullups. I've been using a 'butterfly' type kip but recently since teaching the standard kip at the Academy, its thrown me off and I end up doing some pretty ugly half butterfly, half standard kips and it just gets all discombobulated. Really I need to be able to switch back and forth seemlessly, but it looks like that'll take a little bit of practice.

Cashout: 15 bar muscleups not for time.

Ripped up my hands pretty good and didn't even notice it until my buddy pointed out that there was blood on the bar. Oops. Party foul. Got a nice large tear about the size of a nickel in a spot I've never torn up before. I guess that is what doing unbroken bar muscleups will do to uniniated hands.

The academy did...

3 rounds for time of:

300m Row
30 situps
20 burpeess
10 pullups

It tore them up pretty good. There weren't enough rowers for us to join them, and its a good thing. Lots of ugly form that needed correction.

No comments: