Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tabata Something Else 8-19-08


Tabata Something Else

20 seconds of work and 10 seconds of rest where the 1st 6 intervals are Pullups, the 2nd 6 intervals are Pushups, the 3rd 6 intervals are Situps, and the 4th 6 intervals are Squats, no rest between exercises.

When scaling down I pretty much always do a pack scaling.  Sometimes a slight scale up from pack or a porch scaling, but its been months since I did anything under pack level.  Until tonight.  I landed halfway between puppy and pack.  For big dawgs and pack level, I was supposed to do this with 8 rounds of each exercise, not 6.  Puppy level was 4 rounds each exercise.  I wussed out.  Just wasn't feeling it tonight.  Maybe it was the long week at work and the sparse hour and half of sleep I got last night.  Either way I almost talked myself out of the workout altogether tonight when the two workout partners that were going to join me bailed.  Oh well, I still got a decent workout in.  Now I feel like crap with a heck of a headache.  I did the situps as towel situps with feet unanchored and I'm still feeling my sore abs from the GHD situps 3 days ago.  I tried to keep my form real strict on every rep throughout the workout.  It was a bit tough keeping track of the time and the rep counts by myself but I was able to swing it.  Broken down it looked like this:

Pullups:   14, 13, 9, 9, 8, 6         =    59
Pushups:  17, 12, 10, 8, 7, 6      =    60
Situps:     13, 10, 10, 9, 8, 8      =    58
Squats:   19, 17, 15, 14, 14, 13   =    92

Total:    269

Time for this zombie to go hold his cot down and get some much needed shut eye.

******** EDITED TO ADD********  This workout is supposed to have a 1 minute break in between each exercise.  That would explain much of why I did so crappy.

No comments: