Search This Blog

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Fran 12-17-08

Fran

21 - 15 - 9

Thrusters 95lbs
Pullups

5:44 (1:50 PR)

Cashout:  50 Windshield Wipers with 95lb bar

A 1:50 PR!!!  Compare to 7:34 a month ago on 11-12-08.  I'd say that this crossfit strength program is more then working!  What a great day in the gym.  Took a brief rest in the 1st round of thrusters at 13 and 17 while still in the rack position.  Broke pullups 15-6.  2nd round of thrusters broken 8-7 (I think) and pullups 9 - 6.  3rd round of thrusters and pullups unbroken.  Last time I did Fran I did the first set of 21 thrusters unbroken and then 15 pullups.  I think that is a good way to shoot your wod, so I tried to break it up a tad more and take the first round of thrusters at a little slower pace to keep something in the tank for the rest of the workout.  Seems to have worked.  1st round - 1:58 2nd - 4:28.  

I'm stoked with this time!!  45 seconds away from hitting one of my biggest goals.  Who knows?  Maybe in another month I'll break the 5:00 mark.  If I keep progressing as I have been then I'd say thats going to happen.  A portion of this PR comes from getting my metcon back (and then some) after finishing my SS cycle 5 weeks ago.  Combine that with steadily increased strength gains, an increased amount of heavier overhead work in metcons and you've got a winning recipe for taking on the nasty beast of a girl that is Fran.  This programming has been awesome and I've got to give all the credit and props to Jeff Martin of Brand X and his crew of trainers!  Thanks Coach!!  I couldn't be happier with my progress!

4 comments:

Dan said...

Impressive PR, pal... although I'm angry with you. You beat my 9/28/08 Fran time by 3 seconds!!!

Good strong work - keep it up!

JAK said...

Thanks buddy.

I can't say that it wasn't one of my secret goals.... To catch the mighty Pfief is an honor indeed.

Dan said...

I just wish I could give it another run right now...

I tried to hang on the pull-up bar, holding myself with my right arm and using my left arm just for support, and it was uber painful. I have a feeling it will be a while before I can attempt any pull-up work, let alone Fran.

JAK said...

Can you do grip strength stuff right now? Or does that cause pain?