Search This Blog

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Front Squat and OHS 12-25-08

Front Squat

140 x 5
160 x 5
175 x 5 (PR)

Overhead Squat

95 x 5
115 x 5 (PR)
135 x 3 (Failed on #4)

Somehow that is a OHS PR for reps of 5.  Only because I haven't done these much in the 5 rep scheme.  Called it quits after I failed.  Just wasn't in it mentally.  Definitely had more in me but the weight drifted forward on about half way on the way up and I dropped it.  Weak sauce.

Played with Turkish Get Ups (TGU) for the first time ever.  Started with Kettlebells and did 1 from the floor to standing with both arms. My long term goal is to eventually do a TGU with my wife.  That'll be pretty cool.  I think I'll start practicing on my niece, and see how that works.

TGU

35lb KB x 1 
44lb KB x 1
54lb KB x 1
65lb Barbell x 1 
75lb Barbell x 1 (PR)

Only got 2.5 hours of sleep last night.  Felt kinda crappy and quite under-motivated.  Wasn't feeling a metcon or the high rep backsquats so I nixed them.  Took forever to get warmed up.  Had to do an extra 1000m row and a fair amount of dynamic stretching and air squats to get there.  Far from my best day, but hey, I still PR'd in front squats.  And any day you PR is a great day.


No comments: