Search This Blog

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Squat, OHS, and Annie 12-14-08

Squat

210 x 3
230 x 3
245 x 3 (PR)

OverHeadSquat

45 x 10
95 x 5
115 x 3
125 x 3
140 x 1
155 x 1 (PR + 10lbs)
160 x 1 (PR + 15lbs)

Annie - 

50-40-30-20 and 10 rep rounds of
Tuckjumps (subbed for Doubleunders)
Situps - frog abmat feet unanchored

9:09

A great day in the gym for OHS.  Felt real good after the squats so I figured I'd throw in some OHS.  I was confident I would PR even though I haven't been working on them.  I think its been the increased overhead work I've been doing.  Still had some left in me too but ran out of time.  Can't really complain about a 15lb PR!  But I'm confident I'll hit 165 the next go around.  I think the back squats warmed me up well for the OHS.  The weak link is still my shoulders, which I'm working on.  Felt real strong in the bottom position.  Getting closer to my goal of OHS my bodyweight.  It is soon going to be an issue of not being able to push jerk the weight over my head in the first place.

The back squats...well the weight went up.  However it was ugly.  I slouched over at the bottom, markedly dropping my chest.  Not good. Pretty sure its a weakness of my core thats causing it.  Need to start working in more core work in my warmups like weighted planks,GHD situps, KNE's and GHD back extensions.  Gotta think hard about whether or not I'm going to go for 250 x 3 next week. Josh thinks I shouldn't.  Maybe I should try for 240 x 5 instead.  I'm not sure because that is still pretty heavy and only 10lbs less, so my 3 and 5 rep numbers are getting real compressed.  The week after that is week six of the program and my single rep max PR attempt.  For that reason I was planning on doing the 3 rep scheme next week as I figured that would prep me better for the single rep max the week afterwards.  Any thoughts?

Annie was a decent workout.  Toughest on the abs.  Didn't feel good enough about my double under skills to do them in this WOD.  They'd slow me down too much and decrease the intensity to an intolerable level.

No comments: