Search This Blog

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Shoulder Press and Snatching Fran 12-13-08

Max Box Jump:  44.25"  (PR)   - Could have hit a bit higher, but it was getting pretty hairy.  I stacked bumpers on top of my 20" box jump. So it was 24" of stacked bumper plates.  I think I stacked 4 45's, 4 35's and 1 25lber.  Its not the biggest target to land on top of and even with spotters holding the bumpers its a bit sketchy.

Shoulder Press

95 x 5
100 x 5
110 x 5 (PR)

95 x 11 (PR)

The 110 lbs felt easier today then the 107.5 lbs a week ago.  Probably helped that I stomped on the ground like a bull and got psyched for it.

Sntaching Fran

21 - 15 - 9

Power Snatch 95lbs
Pullups

9:57

That was a fun one.  Cycle rate is definitely slower then with thrusters because my grip was getting hit too hard after lowering the first 7-10 or under control, So I just started dropping the bar from overhead after finishing a rep and having to reset on the bar every time.  Add to that that I stink at snatching and you have the recipe for a slow time.  Some of the ugliest flopping fish out of the water Snatching you ever did see.  Need to get some coaching in order to improve on this lift.

No comments: